Search For Posts


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Monday, November 23, 2009


Fry a dried fish or squid for lunch and you can smell your kitchen walls (or even up to your family room walls) for 3 days smelling of it. If you thought of grilling or have some barbeque outside but forgot to close the windows, the wind will also carry it inside the house.

What I do is light a candle under my oil lamp and put drops of peppermint, or fruity scent that I have at stock. It used to be flowery scent but my li’l princess finds it repugnant. There are actually many options to giving a nice scent to your place even just for the love of it; scented candles, potpourris, Chinese sticks (incense), sprays, or electric ones of new discoveries. It is relaxing and the feeling of being “home”. You may choose a signature scent for you, or like me preferring one scent at a different room, but not too much of it. Just a very light touch of something, like a smell of wood at the porch, or a flower near a garden window, fruity in the kitchen or mint in a room...refreshingly different don’t you think?

3 remarks:

Duni said...

Oh yes, the smell of fried fish really lingers in the home. Cabbage is even worse! LOL
I like the smell of citrus, I usually diffuse some orange oil to get rid of bad smells!

have a good week,


Gourmet Candles Distributor said...

Yes it's a terrible lingering smell and I always have my natural clean burning candles around to get rid of it.

hopeful said...

Oh yes, it's very smelly. I can smell it even I'm upstairs. In my case I used air deodorizer, I spray the place once I can smell fishy. In fairness your tip is a good one. I'll try it out.

btw, sure we'll have an exchange links. Just let me know once your're done adding my blogs too.

My Thoughts on Daily Living

Mom's Info Log

The Food Tripper


There was an error in this gadget
ss_blog_claim=5534534228c1408ecd364641fd2893aa ss_blog_claim=5534534228c1408ecd364641fd2893aa