Thursday, August 6, 2009

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE (WITH THE SAME WOMAN THREE TIMES)

A tearful farewell was given Cory Aquino yesterday that took 8 long hours before she was laid to rest.

…but a rather more moving one next to her youngest daughter Kris’ message was when Jose Marie Chan gave melody to husband Ninoy Aquino’s poem to his wife. I’m glad I was able to get the lyrics from a blogger friend BlogsAll. Let me then share with you how nice it is to feel loved if the man is as loving as this Ninoy=)


I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE (WITH THE SAME WOMAN THREE TIMES)


“I have fallen in love

With the same woman three times

In a day spanning nineteen years

Of tearful joys and joyful tears.

I loved her first when she was young

Enchanting and vibrant, eternally new

She was brilliant, fragrant and cool

As the morning dew.


I fell in love with her the second time

When first she bore her child and mine

Always by my side, the source of my strength

Helping to turn the tide.


But there were candles to burn

The world was my concern

While our home was her domain

And the people were mine

While the children were hers to maintain.


So it was in those eighteen years and a day

Till I was detained

Forced in prison to stay.


Suddenly she’s our sole support

Source of comfort

Our wellspring of hope

On her shoulders fell the burden of life.


I fell in love again

With the same woman the third time

Looming from the battle

Her courage will never fade.


Amidst the hardships she has remained

Undaunted and unafraid

She is calm, composed

She is God’s lovely maid.”

Glitter Words

6 comments:

rjs mama said...

i so love that Jose Mari Chan song. Didn't know that the lyrics was written by Ninoy for Cory.

Thanks for visiting my site, do visit again.

RJ's day to day activities
Journal of RJ's mom

natalee said...

beautiful!!!!Thanks Jenie for the Love!!!

Laura L said...

hi... i dropped by here... visit :]

Anonymous said...

a wonderful post Jenie, i salute the woman too, she's a symbol of bravery to us too, what a fine woman she was.

riablahgs said...

this is so beautiful....

riablahgs said...

thanks sis! i love this award!!! :) thanks a lot for the friendship from across the globe..God Bless!

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape