Thursday, June 4, 2009

MOUNTAIN CLIMBING


Forgive me for saying this, but I really don’t get the fun and thrill in climbing thousands of feet tall mountains. I see news of such “achievements” in reaching the top of Mt. Everest…and it always makes me wonder and say, “So what?” Maybe, I’m just not really into it. I know how people vary.


Well, yes, they’re fit, they’re persistent, they’re persevering. Then again, you can do that without risking your life, because I understand that once you start with the ascent, there’s no turning back.


What’s impressive is this 99 year old (almost a hundred in a months time) Japanese gramps who went up Teeichi Igarashu on July 20, 1986. It’s not a mere 10plights of stairs but a good 12,388 feet! That’s when I would say REMARKABLY good climb!


Glitter Words

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape