Friday, May 15, 2009

NOT ALL CARTOONS ARE FOR KIDS

I noticed kids being transfixed infront of the television during commercials more than the scheduled show. I believe them to be fascinated with the swift changing of images and colors. In addition to which are the animated presentation and bubbly sounds.

And the advertisers know this, that I’m sure of. They perfected the art of capturing interest and attention. This talent is therefore necessitated also in making cartoons. Which obviously, is a major requirement since they need to seize interest of “easily diverted” population, KIDS!

Thinking about it now…ANYTHING to take hold of their interest? Regardless (or of less value) on what will be the effect other than having a top rated show?

Ever seen the Power Puff Girls Series? Definitely a no-no for my li’l girl! Yes, she like the dolls, the characters, but I prohibited her from watching it after noticing her imitate their brutality…I find it to be too violent for kids. I believe that “girls in action” is not good for our daughters! Even the favorite classic Tom and Jerry had a significant influence, with all the throwing, banging, and smashing. Such programs need constant supervision and follow-up justification.

Then again…that’s the usual “Parental Guidance”, which will definitely be mentioned. So, do you believe these cartoons to be really FOR the kids? More for adults, I think.

I’d rather go with Barney, Dora The Explorer, Diego, High 5 and Sesame Street for kids. There are a lot actually. Pingu, Wonderpets, Backyardigans, Blue’s Clues…etc, etc…infact my little Anya even watches National Geographic and Discovery Channel.


No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape