Sunday, February 15, 2009

LITTLE GIRL IN ME


If only I can live to be three, I would for the simplicity of how my life would be. And yet, looking at it more closely,
my life is almost as it is when I was three.

Each day since then, I wake up thanking the heavens. If before it's for the milk, my playmates and my toys...now it's the food, my loved ones and the graces.
I used to play with my dolls dressing them up...still I do so to this doll I became.
Toy pots and pans turned to teflon, glass and potteries.
Games of hide and seeks and play groceries now to outings and shoppings.
It brightens my day to have playmates around me. Just as it does now with my peers, collegues and companions.
At the darker side of my mind I see shadows of childhood fears, insecurities, tears and pain...and when I looked up, I see the same reflected in the mirror. The same heartaches that breaks the spirit with worldly challenges and failures.
An instant longing for the past pamperings, promises, praises, smiles, cheers, caring, pats in the back, and catching me whenever I fall made me stop. Searching for something, someone...and there I found, the little girl in me. Revealed behind a lady standing tall though needing and wanting what I've always been given when I was three.

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape