Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GOT A FLU

The common cough that I thought turned out to be an Influenza Virus. I kept wondering where or who passed it on to me. Just as Wikepedia described it:
Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects birds and mammals. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort.
I felt all those said above and more. My clogged nose became running nose and with that is a sore throat because of the post nasal drip. My cough became a pest since I can't utter a word that do not make me cough. I can't breathe much anymore. It's now a dry cough though but painful to my throat even more, and due to its persistence made me develop muscular discomfort to my sides and belly. That is in addition to my aches and pains that goes from my back and legs to my jaw/teeth. Grrrr! It's irritating I tell you!

Since it is infectious or contagious...I am confining myself in my bedroom to avoid passing it on to my kid and other housemates. In fact I am followed by Lysol wherever I go to disinfect. Yes, I am on a sick leave. Lucky them since they are safe from getting the flu from me, but then...I really have no choice. I can't very well accept calls (being in a call center) and not irate my callers with my frequent coughing or putting them on hold while I do just that every few seconds. They might file even a complaint to the company for allowing me to work while in such a state.

Hoping though that the 2-3 days rest given me by my doctor can be just 2 and that I can go back to work tom. Anyway, the medicine given me is an Anti-tussive, made to help stop coughing. And I believe to be getting better because the fever just comes and goes and not continuously every 2-4 hrs. Then again, now as I write this, I am feeling a little cold when it is actually warm as my daughter complains to put the fan on high. So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape