Friday, February 19, 2010

REMEMBERING ICE CASTLES


I was watching the 2010 US Figure Skating Championship at the ESPN channel just as I was having breakfast. Those girls were splendid! I shared there joy each time they end their performance with a watery eye. And I know the audience felt it more with all the applause and ovations they give them. Rachell Flatt (Gold) garnered a deserving 200.11 points which could have been 2000 if I were the judge and Mirai Nagasu's 188.78 (Silver) would have been 1800.

This brought to mind that long ago love story I've seen, the Ice Castles in 1978. Also all about figure skating wherein the main character is near blind during the competition from an accident and still did not stop her from proving everybody of her grace and talent. Not until she slipped from the roses the audience threw her when she won did they know that she can barely.

I was just wishing that there be a re-filming when I came across a photo of which by Mr. Google. Will search still when it will be shown since it only reflects 2010. A movie I have to see!!!

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape