Thursday, February 18, 2010

FUNNY ARGUMENT

Can't help but hide my smile last night when I heard my 4 year old having having a hushed argument with her 17 year old carer as they listen to her MP5. I was just hearing bits and pieces of what they are whispering about but I know it's about the lyrics of some song my little one asked me to upload for her. (If you have read my previous post at my at-a-blink blog, you would have known that her favorite singer is TOTO.)

Anyway, a few minutes later she was beside me and her uncle at the dining asking " i bless the rains in africa, right? RAINS not RAIN?". We actually were stunned for a while thinking what really is it. She is definite that it is "rains" with an S as opposed to her yaya's "rain". We're not sure, and so I promised her to look it up...and here it is:

AFRICA by Toto
I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man on the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

Chorus:
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had
The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become
(Chorus)
Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had


"ANYA YOU'RE RIGHT, IT IS RAINS!"

Haha. Funny how such matters to a 4 year old, and funnier still is it is a song most kids do not even know about. And it's just ONE amongst many adult songs she sings.

1 comment:

Grumpy old man said...

Wow, you are right, that is remarkable. For a 4 year old that is fantastic. Funny how much they pick up at that age. My boy is now just over 3 years, and he wants to know everything, what we are doing, what that is, etc, and when you tell him a word, he repeats it
. And when the word has an r in it, he makes sure he rolls it so you cannot miss it.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my last two posts, I love hearing from you.
Hope your day will be filled with sunshine and joy.

Colin.

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape