Saturday, November 21, 2009

EVER HEARD OF THE PHONETIC ALPHABET

High school days were days of different surprises. And I remember digging up things that would be a best hit in our school. One of which is this PHONETIC ALPHABET that have been a craze for a while in the exchange of uniquely made letters we were very fond of. I remember using an old cashiers tape in writing my friends letters though we are together everyday. The thicker the circumference, the longer the letter is. It is always, the longer the better.

But who can beat a notebook-thick of a letter? Well, more of a filler (catleya notes). Yep, I give out letters in such a form. (I wonder why!)…but I know how. I used the phonetic alphabet, and changed pen color from blue to black every word. Funny and silly, huh?!

So, here’s my copy of that phonetic alphabet:
A – alpha H – hotel O – oscar V - victory
B – bravo I – Indian P – papa W - whiskey
C – charlie J – Juliet Q – quebec X – x-ray
D – delta K – kilo R – romeo Y - yankee
E – echo L – lima S – sierra Z - zebra
F – foxtrot M – mama T - tango
G – golf N – nancy U - unicorn

Now, I get your attention. Yes, you have probably heard a call center agent or telephone operators to be using this to verify your spelling. They are not making them up…we have this so-called phonetic alphabet to follow. Yes, it’s suppose to be used during verbal communication and not written…but kids are kids. And obviously, I once had been a kid.

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape