Thursday, July 16, 2009

WHAT TO COOK

Yesterday, I made a mouth watering meal, though simple! And… I was thrifty!

I’m not sure how this would sound to my friends who are not used to the Filipino Kare-Kare. It’s a mixture of tropical vegetables cooked with oxtail (or any meat may be substituted) and ground peanut. It’s served with Bagoong (shrimp paste) and steaming rice! Yummy. But yesterday, since I limit red meat to once or twice a week, I just cooked Vegetable Kare-kare. And thanks to Filipino Mama Sita Instant Kare-Kare Mix, it’s made easier. Though I opt for fresh than the preserved ones, I believe it’s acceptable for me to indulge myself to easy cooking once in a while.
Now, I’m thinking what to cook for later this evening…I have Chicken Legs in my freezer. Maybe I’ll have crispy Breaded Chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. On the side will be buttered green beans or corn and carrots. Anya loves Jolibee Chicken Joy, so she’ll definitely love this as well.

I’m getting hungry with all this cooking-thing…be back after a snack!=)



Glitter Words

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can always fry the chicken legs, the easiest & fastest way to have yr dinner

Russ said...

To make the Kare-Kare sauce is tedious... ang galing mo.Ü Reading your entry just made me hungry and it's 1AM! Hahaha.

JENIE=) said...

thanks...im getting used to cooking, finally! =) after 3 long years of doing so everyday...they're finally loving me in the kitchen, haha.

thanks for visiting!

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape