Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WEIGHING SCALES

I remember an incident when I was instructing a patient relative in measuring and weighing ingredients for the preparation of blenderized feeding (patient tube-fed already). Written and oral guidelines were given, and after which she raised a question I can’t believe I missed specifying, “Can I use our bathroom scale in measuring the carrots?” I rationalized my error in presuming she knows what I’m talking about since I find it too basic, which obviously she doesn’t. I guess like me, most people take their own knowledge for granted...sometimes believing that everybody else knows what I know to be such simple matters. Such is the like.


There are different types of weighing scales, which are used for different purposes. There’s the bathroom scale , dietetic scale, hanging scale, medical scale…so many of them. One just have to differentiate what’s for measuring body weight, what’s for the kitchen, and what’s for other stuffs ( like metals, etc.)

Personally, I consider the bathroom scale an important tool that should be included in our home-gadgets. Weight monitoring is mighty important if you ask me! It's for your health after all!

Glitter Words

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape