Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TASTE BUDS...AND BABIES


I was out malling with my kid when she whispered, "poop, mom!" I took her to a nearby hotel, the Makati Shangri-La Hotel to use their restroom, which is much more preferrable than those at the malls.

Comfortable lounges were installed at the rear, and there sit two ladies conversing. I overheard them talking about their one and two year old kids. One advised the other that maybe her kid is not eating much because she makes the food too bland. That they should be given the same tasty meals that adults partake. The lady brushing her hair insisted though, and I agreed with her, that a baby's mouth has more taste buds, that some even dotting the inside of a baby's cheek. I remembered reading about it somewhere when I was still pregnant. That taste buds wear out every week to ten days, and that as we get older, less and less taste buds are replaced, resulting to a diminished sense of taste. I even recall it being said that taste buds overlap like petals though they are too small to be seen by the naked eye, but the papillae in which the taste buds are located are the tiny bumps in our tongue. I wish to share those information to the ladies if only my kid didn't call for washing that same time. In additon, I would have included my concern on a baby's kidney, they are not as fully developed yet thus should also not be given too salty foods.

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape