Monday, April 6, 2009

OVERHEAT


I am a good driver…but not so good with engine troubles. That’s why I’m learning from the expert, my dad! Just yesterday I asked for his advice…because my car overheated on my way home. Luckily, it happened just a few paces from a gasoline station.

He started by reminding me that overheat can ruin my car engine very quickly. So, if the temperature gauge starts edging up, do something about it right away (I have to remember looking at it then, haha!). That I should not wait for the warning light because the moment it does, the problem is already at hand. Since the traffic during rush hour is heavy, I should shift to neutral. When on stop, rev the engine. If it still doesn’t stop temperature rise, he says I need to raise the hood, and see if there’s a broken fan or belt, leaking coolant, or something in the condenser or radiator. If nothing evident, then just wait for it to cool down, an hour maybe, then check the coolant level in the radiator. If low, let engine idle while you top it up (plain water will do). Have the system drained as soon as possible and fill with the appropriate coolant.

Phew! And that’s just overheating?!@

No comments:

Search For Posts

RESPECTFULLY YOURS...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape